Chairman, Department of Immunology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital,
Memphis, TN, USA,
Adjunct Professor, Departments of Pathology and Pediatrics, University of
Tennessee, College of Medicine, Memphis, TN, USA.
1. Immunity to RNA Viruses
2. Analysis of HIV-Specific Responses
1983 Fellowship of the Australian Academy of Science (FAA)
1983 Paul Ehrlich Prize, Germany
1986 Gairdner Foundation International Award, Canada
1987 Fellow of the Royal Society of London (FRS)
1993 Alumnus of the Year, University of Queensland
1995 The Albert Lasker Medical Research Award
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1996, with Rolf M. Zinkernagel, "for their discoveries concerning the specificity of the cell mediated immune defence"
- Brooks JW, Hamilton-Easton AM, Christensen JP, Cardin RD, Hardy CL, Doherty PC. Requirement for a CD40 ligand-mediated interaction between CD4+ T cells and B cells in an infectious mononucleosis-like syndrome. J Virol 73:9650-9654, 1999.
- Brown MP, Nosaka T, Tripp RA, Brooks J, van Deursen JMA, Brenner MK, Doherty PC, Ihle JN. Restoration of early lymphoid proliferation and immune function in Jak3-deficient mice by IL-3. Blood 94:1906-1914, 1999. - Bunting KD, Flynn KJ, Riberdy JM, Doherty PC, Sorrentino BP. Viral-specific immunity following gene therapy in a murine model of severe combined immunodeficiency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:232-237, 1999.
- Christensen JP, Doherty PC. Quantitative analysis of the acute and long-term CD4+ T cell response to a persistent gammaherpesvirus. J Virol 4279-4283, 1999.
- Christensen JP, Cardin RD, Branum KC, Doherty PC. CD4+ T cell-mediated control of a g -herpesvirus in B cell-deficient mice is mediated by IFN-g . Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:5135-5140, 1999.
- Flynn KJ, Riberdy JM, Christensen JP, Altman JD, Doherty PC. In vivo proliferation of naV ve and memory influenza-specific CD8+ T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:8597-8602, 1999.
- Hamilton-Easton AM, Christensen JP, Doherty PC. Turnover of T cells in murine gammaherpesvirus 68- infected mice. J Virol 73:7866-7869, 1999.